Jack's Mannequin

Jack's Mannequin
Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"Death by (electronic) Ballpoint"

I think I just "shot" two people.

Today, technology is such a remarkable perk and a wonderful weapon for protection if you put your mind to it. I started this blog with the illusion of giving meaningful and instructive advice on journal writing...Just like cheeseburger with no burger on it! Journal writing instructing is meaningless if the 'instructor' ain't putting out.

Anyway, I have had this quote from Thomas Jefferson in draft since I found it amusing...

" Go on doing with your pen what in other times was done with the sword."

I have always been passive and the thought that all is basically good leaves me struck with barbs of verbal assault and high-handed people to deal with. Frankly, always willing to see good in everyone, most attacks on me are rarely felt. It is when I re-read the entry or mail that I just feel un-easy.

With this, I shall get on with my confession...after years of burying in memory my 1st ever boyfriend gets in touch with the sincerest intentions (basically good thoughts so far) of catching up. The e-mail exchanges and the call I got from him were cordial and had all the ear to ear grin of catching up with the past was good...

Until, that e-mail showcasing his pursuits and success and fattened 'bank account'...Hmmm, me thinks there is something that is beneath the e-mails...Then just yesterday I get another e-mail that had him reminiscing about being the best in all he does and girls (in college)wanted a piece of him! Talk about Britney's song and paparazzi!!!

It took me a whole day and consultation (like I may be reading it wrongly) and confirmed that a proper reply is forthcoming. My first dastardly deed with my electronic pen was to just wish all the happiness in the world- even the happiness his bank account can't buy...okay its not as drastic as an "wtf" or an "up yours mate!" but it's just me to point out and stress that the older one gets the wiser one should be...call it shooting with kindness...

For what it's worth the second confession will take another post...and another take on Thomas Jefferson advice to Thomas Paine.


*Thomas Jefferson sent a letter to Thomas Paine in 1796...

0 comments: